Apple Pie Slice
- 100g almonds
- 50g shredded coconut
- 150g fresh medjool dates, seeds removed
- 320g apples, cored & quartered (I used pink ladies and left skin on)
- 30g spelt flour
- 30g rapadura
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g spelt flour
- 80g butter
- 50g rapadura
- 50g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven 180 degrees and have a silicone slice form or lined baking tray ready.
- Place 'base' ingredients into thermo jug and blitz for 45 seconds on speed 10.
- Using wet hands, press into prepared slice form/tray.
- Don't bother washing jug, blitz apple pieces for 2 seconds on speed 5.
- Add remaining 'centre' ingredients and gently mix ingredients to combine for 2-3 seconds on speed 1, reverse.
- Layer this mixture on top of the base.
- Again don't worry about cleaning the jug, add 'base' ingredients and mix for 5-6 seconds on speed 5.
- Place mixture on top and spread out evenly.
- Bake for approx 20mins or until nicely browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a board and slice up.