Banana Coconut & Date Cake
I made these in 3 mini loaf tins so they were nicely cooked all way thru with no dense soggy uncooked parts like some large banana cakes get.
- 20g buckwheat groats
- 95g rolled oats
- 35g almond meal
- 45g shredded coconut
- 45g dates (pitted or dried)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 200g banana
- 60g coconut oil
- 70g honey
- Blitz buckwheat on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
- Add oats and blitz speed 9 for 20 seconds.
- Add almond meal, coconut shreds, dates and turbo 2-3 times.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Scrape down and repeat.
- Bake for approx 15-20mins or until a skewer comes out clean and browned on top (depending on size you make). Muffin size would also work well.
This freezers really well. Good for lunchboxes!
You could you almonds (blanched would be best) and make own almond meal, just add them in with the buckwheat at start.